12.05.2003

Here is some good news to make you happy. My boss called me up from the restaurant right before I left to teach and I laid me off. That is correct. I am really glad that I worked for that place for 2 years to get laid off via telephone. He gave me the option of staying on as a waiter, but what's the point. The hourly salary is a fraction of what I was making, and the servers make no money. It just sucks right before the hoildays. I will definitely miss the people I work with, but I won't miss that place. He told me that he needs somebody in my position who can give him "more of a commitment." This translates to someone who can can come in and do paperwork whenevr he wants them to instead of being the maitre 'd. The best part is that my old boss, who recently quit, has come back and is more than likely the person who will be replacing me. The owner didn't tell me that, but I can read between the lines pretty well. He is looking for shifts for the former manager to pick up and it makes sense that I would get screwed. The only people you should have loyalty to are yourself and your loved ones, because it seems that anyone else is fairly untrustworthy. Two years of loyal service and I am tossed aside for a moron who recently screwed the owner over. I basically ran that restaurant, and I am bitter as hell right now.

I gave the screwing right back to him. I called him up from my classroom told him I wasn't interested in serving and that last night was my last night working for the company. Tonight was basically going to be my last night anyway, since he was planning on having someone else in my position next week. I had asked him earlier if I was suppossed to work tonight, and he told me that he "wasn't trying to cut my legs off." He wasn't? The whole thing just seems really cold to me, so I was cold in return. When I called and told him my decision, I just left it on the voicemail. He doesn't deserve a face-to-face or even voice-to-voice conversation.

I gave myself a hernia working in that place. Why? It certyainly worked out for me didn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home