11.30.2003

It has been a damn long time sice I got a speeding ticket, but my luck ran out about 40 minutes ago. I had to go to work to pick-up my paycheck and was caught doing 50 in a 35 mph zone. Henrico county is totally screwing me on the fine--$59 + $5 for each mile over the speed limit. The total ticket cost comes to $104. At least it happened during the hoildays. I have had a bunch of tickets in the past, and have always admitted I was wrong and agreed that I should be stopped and reprimanded, but not this time. The speed limit should not be 35 MPH on this road. It is a major North/South Road connecting Patterson Ave. and Broad Street. The traffic on the road is ridiculous since Lauderale Ave., the street in question, ends right at one of the new malls. I have driven this road for 2 years straight, and can safely say that the speed limit should be at least 45. I think that the Henrico county planners need to examine some of the speed postings in the area.

I know that it could be worse, but it still sucks. I already have to pay for the ultrasound on my balls ($118) and my class for next semester ($636) during the month of December. I am really ready to stop having to be constantly worried about money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home