11.07.2003

While we do not have socialized medecine, the U.S. is the only country in the world that educates everyone. This is a fact. Now, I believe that everyone is entitled to an education, but at some point the powers that be need to say that an individual has acted in such a manner as to lose that right.

One of my students had a panel hearing with the school board yesterday. The panel was to determine if he was entitled to stay at his current school, or be moved to an "alternative education program." This student is a ninth grader, which means he just started at this school. He has received 8 discipline referrals since the beginninhg of the year and just received another referral for possession of illegal drugs on school grounds--thus the panel hearing. This child is a major problem, as far as I am concerned his actions have shown that he should no longer be educated with the general poulation. I have no idea what happened at the hearing yesterday but I will find out today. I am betting he is still at the regular high school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home