11.02.2003

The pep rally was crazy. It was super loud and I do not remember anywhere near that much ass-shaking involved in the pep rally's at my high school. The cheerleaders shook their ass and chanted. The band shook their ass and played their instruments. The band is made up mostly of drums. I've never before seen people with cymbals used like this. They put one behind their head, the other between their legs, and then shook their asses. The football players jumped up and down in a circle while yelling something. What exactly they were yelling is still, and will continue to be, a mystery. It was a strange experience overall. I am not sure how much pep there was, overall there was a lot of booing. I could not find my earplugs so I got to experience everything at full volume.

My birthday and the following days have been very cool. Usually I do not really enjoy my birthday, but this year I had a good time. Perhaps have just lowered my standards. But seriously, Friday night Kim and I got Chinese take-out, I opened presents-- basically all DVDs, and then we watched one of the movies. Saturday, we went to my parents which began with a huge argument but eventually progressed to a quite enjoyable day complete with an excellent birthday cake. Today I woke up late, and then went back to bed for an extended nap after finishing one of the books I was reading.

I hope everyone has had a nice weekend and enjoyed their Halloween.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home