10.10.2003

My Geekiest Post Ever...

My friend Thomas, saved my butt big-time this morning. I am generally really bad about maintenace on my PC, I tend to let things go too long, but I downloaded a bunch of updates over the last couple of days. One of the updates totally messed up my computer. I woke up to go to the bathroom this morning and Kim tells me that the computer won't even go past the Windows ME screen, and when she hits escape it gives some strange error message. I called Thomas who walked me through the fix, which ended up involving renaming a file. Fortunately I had made a startup disk last night for a problem I was having with Scandisk, so at least I already had that to work from. Thomas walked me through the fix via telephone this morning. I really need to get rid of ME and move to XP, the former is just a really unstable operating system. Thanks again brother!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home