10.08.2003

I was looking on Amazon, and I found a list with the following Intro.:

A guide by Steve T, Guy Who Knows Everything About Rock and Has the Best Taste Ever.

I looked at his taste which is arguably pretty good, but I came upon the following:

Sigur Ros made an album that really blew me away with Agaetis Byrjun. Making epic songs that are as beautiful as anything you've heard, and a couple that are just as chilling, this Ireland troupe makes amazing music...

Can you spot the problem? The problem is that Sigur Ros is from Iceland not Ireland. This is the main reason that a native english speaker cannot understand what they are saying--they are not signing in English, or Gaelic for that matter. Perhaps this guy, doesn't really know everything.

To Steve,
By the way jackass, most of us music geeks really hate it when someone says that they know everything. You know why? Because its impossible.

Initially I thought his intro. was tounge in cheek, but after reading his summaries of his favorite albums, I think he's actually serious. I don't think that its a typo either.

Check out his list here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home