9.27.2003

We had power back for about 48 hours and then lost it again. We have now been without power since early Tuesday morning. They told me that we would have power back by "Friday, at the latest," and yesterday told me that it would be on by "9 PM" last night. I am in Kim's office right now, which is where the lizard is since we don't have power. For those of you keeping track, we have had power for a total of 48 hours in the last 9 days. The worst part is that the power company cannot even give me a proper estimate or anything else helpful. I called them this morning and the "customer service center" is closed all weekend. With Dominion the words "customer service" is a misnomer. They are not being helpful nor or they currently providing a service of any kind. For those of you who do not know, they are not actually working "around the clock" as they like to claim. The repairs are being done during the day on a 12 hour shift. They are a lying monopolistic company who are pretty much screwing up up the return to normalcy in the wake of a natural disaster. I seriously hope that a class-action suit is filed. I understand that it is difficult to restore power to well over a million customers, but that is not an excuse for lying. I would be completely cool if they were being honest, but I despise being lied too. They deserve all of the terrible press they are getting, and I hope that they soon find themselves in the middle of a public relations disaster that devesates their reputation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home