9.15.2003

Poor Lex is having some problems with customers so I will share my favorite customer service story to show he is not alone. I was working at Sam Goody in Spotsylvania Mall and this customer walks in and says the following:

"I am looking for a CD and the cover is red."

I said well do you remeber who the artist was?
"No"
Was it a new release?
"I don't remember."
Was it a Rap CD, Jazz CD, Country ...?
"I don't remember."
Did you see the CD on the left or the right side of the store?
I didn't see it in this store, I saw it at a Store in Northern Virginia.
I looked at the guy and said very sarcastically: "Well then sir, I really can't help you." He looked surprised and said "OK," and left. People are truly ridiculous.

In other news I had to call the assistant principal to remove a kid from my classroom today. The kid was just an unbelievable pain in the ass, who would not do the work, would not listen, would not behave, would not keep his mouth shut etc... I hate to say it but many of the people who blame the education system for their problems later in life, conducted themselves in this very same way while in school. It is not my fault that this child has no self-discipline or desire to learn, though I am sure I am one of the people he will blame when he is working fast-food 4 years from now. Sometimes you have to ask yourself what you are doing teaching in the first place? If I didn't enjoy it even through all the crap, I would certainly quit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home