9.03.2003

There has been a major change of plans. Last week I was assigned my schools for this semester and I was told to telephone them and meet with the principal of each school. One of the principal's never returned my phone call, so I showed up yesterday at 7:00 and spoke with her briefly. She said that they had not set up the program and asked me to come back at 2:30. I emailed my company and explained to them what had happened. The company called me and told me they were sending a representative to my meeting with me. The principal is one of the most unprofessional individuals I have ever encountered. She started by saying that she didn't want to participate in the program, but she was being forced to, she then made me defend my teaching methods and style--even though she had never met me before nor had I ever taught in the school. Amazingly enough she told us that she was unhappy with the last people who had taught the program and mentioned them BY NAME. I got out of the meeting and told the company person that I did not want to teach there, she was cool with it but after she told my supervisor, I received a phone call trying to convince me to stay--and I stood my ground and said that I could not work under that administration.

So finally the company calls me back and offers me a different assignment within the same program. The cool part is that I have already taught and that school and had a wonderful experience. The only problem is that I had to take a cut in hours to make the switch. Needless to say I am staying at the restaurant and working the new assignment as well as probably picking up another assignment through the tutoring company.

Did I mention that I am "teaching" right now? Amazingly enough I don't have any kids. I am almost used to this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home