8.19.2003

86 the Scapegoat

I finally reached my breaking point at the restaurant tonight. I was cool though. Instead of saying what I was thinking, I enthusiastically agreed with the unwarrented criticisms that were tossed my way. After I was done playing the yes man I said that I would try harder, even though I will most certainly not try harder. I bided my time until I was able to come home, and made up my mind that I am looking for a new job starting tomorrow. The best part is that there are 2 new malls opening in early September and I already located a new restaurant that seems just fine to me, and they are HIRING.

It just got to the point where the things going on are so far beyond anything I can possibly put up with that it is unbelievable. I am caught in the middle between the management and the servers, my bosses are micromanaging-passive agressive nutcases, I am making a fraction of the money I used to make, I have way too much responsibility, I am always taking the blame--mostly for things that are not my fault, and the list could surely continue.

There is a special feeling in reaching the end of your rope and realizing that you have options and can move to a better situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home