7.03.2003

The damn restaurant is open tomorrow, which means that I have to work when everybody else is off. Is anybody going to come in to eat? Not really. Many of our customers are on vacation and the rest will be doing things other than eating out.

You know, the other day my students told me that I was a really good teacher. It felt really good. When things like that happen it makes going in to the restaurant and taking shit from a bunch of yuppie-scum that much more difficult. Going from having complete control during the day and feeling fulfilled, to having to be nice to people I hate really sucks. I have nothing in common with the people who eat at that place. They might as well be a different fucking species. I think they are ridiculous--their expensive clothes, their marriages of convenience and divorce settlements, their alimony and child-support payments, their gigantic SUVs etc... It is all bullshit. The superficiality of it all would be nauseating, if the individuals weren't so damn laughable. To anyone who eats in the restaurant--my smile masks a contempt for you that runs deeper than you can imagine. Tonight was a bad night at work in case you haven't guessed.

Enjoy your holiday. I hope you all have the day off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home