6.27.2003

It always amaze me how when it seems as though something comes up that I am very excited about, that something else goes wrong. Kim woke me up this morning to tell me that Dylan is playing with The Dead near her parents house in August. Dylan will be playing a full set by himself (with his band) and then playing a full set with The Dead. The show is at an amusement park so for an extra $9 a person we get admission to the park too. Awesome. I got right on line and got tickets, and we even get to stay at her parents house--so no hotel cost involved. It's in western NY state outside of Buffalo, and early August is a beasutiful time to go up there. All told it as like $60 a person for tickets, but well worth it--I am hoping that Dylan will sing alot of the songs that Jerry Garcia used to sing, since he is well-dead.

I was so excited that I called my parents to tell them and let them share in my excitement. My Dad then tells me that my Grandmother in Florida has skin cancer (again) and another fairly serious problem. Needless to say considering that she is almost 90, things are not looking good. I went from being so excited to being flat out depressed. Couldn't I have had just a couple of hours to revel in the excitement of seeing Dylan?

Then the mail arrives, and I get a letter from my health insurance company stating that my premium is getting raised $18 a month. More good news to make me smile.

I am plugging my way through much of my school-work and being fairly successful. When not reading for class, I have been reading "Despite Everything" by Aaron Cometbus, its a fantastic collection of the Cometbus Zine. I definitely recommend picking it up.

Christ , I feel like hell right now. Thank the lord I am on anti-depressants or else this would be really, really bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home