8.21.2003

Just Kidding

There has been a major change of plans. I was offered a position through my tutoring company to teach part-time in Richmond Public Schools, which I accepted. I then called my boss at the restaurant and left a message stating that I was withdrawing my resignation. So instead of switching restaurants, I will be working at the same restaurant and teaching part time. It looks like I am going to have my own classroom and a full class of kids. I am looking forward to it. It is very strange how things work out.

The next question is what do I do about the other restaurant I was going to start working for. Do I call them and say that I am not going to be working there, or do I just not show up? Since the General Manager was kind of an ass to me, and the bar manager asked upon finding out I was vegeterian "Don't you ever just want a thick, juicy steak?" To me that is like asking a Jewish person: "Don't you ever just want to worship Christ?"--it is my personal belief and choice, and I don't think that anyone has the right to question it, particulary in such a blatantly close-minded way. I think that I will just not show up. Watch in amazement as I burn these bridges, be thrilled at the sight of me screwing them over, gasp in horror at my lack of concern...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home