8.27.2003

Our apartment community decided to spray for roaches, of course by no fault of theirs the spraying took place today, otherwise known as the hottest day of the year. We locked the cats up in the bedroom and had to shut off the central air and open all of the windows. I got home and the place still stunk of the spray they used, we made them go light on the chenicals but it still smelled bad. I decided since the cats were still locked up that I would open up the front and back doors in an effort to expediate the airing out process. Some big-ass flys managed to get in while the doors were open, 4 of them by my count. I took 3 big ones out with my bare hands and loved every minute of it. The smallest one, who is also the quickest is still around, soon he'll slow down and then he'll be mine too.

I absolutely hate flys, and take a great deal of pleasure in hunting them down and killing them. I have actually considered getting a bug-zapper for the kitchen, since it seems flys always manage to get in. I love the blue glow of those things and the fact that they electrocute flys is an added bonus--kind of like a black-lite electric chair for insects. Now if I can only find a lava lamp gas chamber for rodents.

I was in meetings all day for teaching and have more the rest of the week. Things are going well in that respect but getting uinderway is a bit taxing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home