9.28.2003

Our power finally came back on last night. We were without for a full week total. I called Dominion yesterday and asked what had happened. She told me in a very rude tone that the time of 9 PM Friday was just an estimate and was subject to change. She then said that the new estimate was 11 PM on 9-30. I called back later because earlier in the week I had been told that my power would be back on by "Friday at the latest," and on Friday I was told by a Dominion representative that my outage was on the list to be repaired that day. I asked the girl when I called back why my power had not been restored as scheduled, and why the estimate was moved back 4 days. She said that she did not know. I am glad that my power is back, but they really need to be careful what they are telling people. I received a lot of answers to my questions, yet not one was accurate.

Since I just gave an account of a terrible customer service story, here's is a great one to balance it out. About 8 months ago I lost the "male" part of the clip for the cross-stap on my Timbuk 2 bag. About 3 weeks ago I emailed them to ask how I could obtain a replacement, how much it would cost etc... 12 hours later a guy emails me back telling me that he will send me one for free if I send him my address. I do so and a couple of days ago received the package, in it was an entire new cross-strap. AWESOME! I have always been very satisfied with my bag, and now I can vouch for their amazing customer service skills. In other bag news I went to the bike shop the other day and bought a Timbuk 2 strap pouch to hold my cellphone-it was only $10 and very cool/more useful than your avegarge cellphone holder. Highly recommended.

One last thing, I bought Bruce Springsteen's "The Rising" at a thrift store the other day for $3. It is probably the most lyrically powerful record I have ever heard. I teared up by the second song the first time I listened to it. I recommend checking it out, though I can guarantee it will hurt. For those of you who don't know, or forgot, its all about 9-11.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home