10.14.2003

Luke's Daddy/My Genitals

It is certainly no secret that I have been having problems with my genital region for quite some time now. It was a little over a year ago that I had my second hernia operation, and I have now had an infection in my right testicle for about 6 months. I have been on many cycles of antibiotics and nothing has helped more than temporarily. At least it hurts almost all the time so that's something. My urologist ordered a scrotal ultrasound which I underwent this morning. It turns out that having warm jelly spread all over you balls, followed by a hard plastic wand being rubbed across the surface is not much fun at 8:15 in the morning, yet it is simultaneosly somewhat pleasing.

Ever since I found out about the procedure, it is the same type of procedure performed during pregnancy, I have been hoping they would print me out a picture. I figured that they do it for expecting mothers, so maybe they would do the same for me. I had every intention of using the picture for Christmas cards. When I asked the attendant she just laughed and said "No." The way I see it is if they would give me a copy of the x-ray they should give me a copy of the piece of paper with my balls on it.

I did however, get to look at the screen during the procedure. It was very interesting. There is not much detail, but still cool to see my testicles on a large computer screen. During the procedure, there was a sound going on that I thought was probably the blood flowing through my testicles. I asked and found out I was correct. I have now heard the blood coursing through my scrotum. It sounded like Darth Vader after he just ran a marathon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home