10.21.2003

There's A Fungus Among Us...

I ended up having to go to the doctor about the rash near my balls. It was jock-itch, but I figured better safe than sorry, plus it itched really bad. He put me on that Diflucan crap that's usually for yeast infections, but it is also an anti-fungal drug (jock-itch is a fungus). At least the package was bright pink so that's something. It was $15 for one pill after my insurance co-payment. That is like if I charged you $15 for one tic-tac. Does it really cost $15 to make the pill? Highly doubtful. The doctor also gave me an oral medecine to stop the distracting itching, and also told me to double the dose of the over the counter cream I bought.

It is amazing how quickly the medical bills add up; between the co-payment and the medecine it was about $85 total. For jock-itch. Did I mention that I only have JOCK-ITCH?! Getting this treated is pretty close to paying $85 to get an infected mosquito bite looked at. There is a serious health care problem in this country. Just thought you'd like to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home