11.19.2001

Business Manager--

My parents just called me because my dad wanted to tell me that he supported my decision to quit the job and thought that it was a good idea. How times change. 3 years ago he came down on me for eveything I did. I prefer this newer support atmosphere. Kind of hard to get used to. Everyone out there reading this who have heard some of the stories will probably be as amazed as I am. Its a good day. Nothing in the paper yesterday job-wise which kind of sucks. I think I will call next week to make an appointment with a temp agency.

I found a really great way to describe my former job:

It was like when you are waiting tables and it 6:30 on a friday night, the kitchen is working slower than usual, you just got triple-sat, the restaurant is on a 45 minute wait, the manager on duty hates your fucking guts and you are stoned out of your mind on trucker speed (this last one may only apply to myself and a couple of others though---I think that you can understand how that might make it worse regardless).

In other words you are unbelievably busy and you're pretty much getting fucked up the ass constantly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home