12.03.2001

Today is the day when I begin scouting out the local restaurants for a new job. I have developed a plan; I am going to hop on my bike and pretty much ride up and down every street in the area and write down the names of the restaurants. In the process I will be looking for Help Wanted signs as well--of course. I will then come back here and check out the restaurants' reputations on the internet--narrowing down the list in the process. Tommorrow I will begin actually going to the restaurants and applying. I think that this will be the best way for me to actually achieve my goal of finding the kind of restaurant that I want to work in. I hope that it works.

The weekend was pretty boring. I did find a copy of Rollin' Black Coffee Blues at the used book store where I have a lot of credit though, so that is pretty cool. Of course I will be done with the book by this afternoon. Every time I read anything that Henry Rollins' ever wrote I think to myself: that guy is really fucked up. One cool part is when he is talking about hanging out with "Selby" on tour. I thought to myself 'no it can't be' but later after a reference to Last Exit To Brooklyn, I realized that he was referring to Hubert Selby Jr. the author who wrote Last Exit To Brooklyn and Requiem for a Dream. They are actually kind of friends. Strange when you think about it---what did their conversations consist of? Instead of talking about how much he hates women (again) perhaps Rollins could have expanded on his meetings with Selby. I just found out that Last Exit To Brooklyn (the novel) is out of print, that explains why I can never locate a copy.

Last week I bought a copy of Dashboard Confessional's latest record. It is really really good. This guy is the ultimate in "emo" right now, and I like it. I guess that makes me emo now doesn't it. Every time I go to Ebay I feel stupid that I ever gave any of my old clothes away. I could have sold them on ebay and made a killing. Some kid was going to get $30 + for a 1984 Houston Astro's t-shirt. That could have been me. I have been saving all my cool sneakers that I never wore though. One of these days I am going to sell those bitches up there and make a killing---Vintage Vision Street Wear High tops etc... All in really nice shape. That will be a good day. All I need is a digital camera and someplace to host the pictures. Soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home