12.21.2003

Thank you to Stephen and Corey for their advice. Neddless to say, I am ignoring Stephen's and taking Corey's. Actually I had decided not to go before they even commented, but it was nice to have some friendly advice. I have been getting calls telling me to come to the party all weekend. I told a friend of mine earlier today that I wasn't coming, because I would end up really upset. He said that it made perfect sense and I told him to let everyone know.

Today is the shortest day of the year, better known as the Winter Solstice. In pagan times this was an extremely important day, and is still important to Wiccans and other Earth worshipping sects. When Christianity began to get popular, it was decided that Christ was born on December 25th. History indicates that he was actually born in the summer, so why choose December 25th? The answer is simple. Christmas was placed close in date to the Pagan holiday to deflect some of the attention from the heathen earth worshipping holiday onto the "good holiday" when the savior was born. Makes sense doesn't it? Tonight, you should make a really big bonfire and then dance naked around it. Honor thy (Earth) mother! A little bit more Christmas trivia for you, hanging Holly and Mistletoe was originally a pagan tradition later carried over to Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home