12.17.2003

Most of you will remember reading about my recent dismissal from the restaurant, well here's the most recent development. I just went up there to pick up my last paycheck and some tips that were still there. I was given the opportunity to speak with the gentleman who replaced me. I was talking to all my friends when he wlaked up, I looked at him and said: "So, you're the new host on Wednesday nights huh?" He was a bit taken aback and said "Yeah, what happened?" I told him that I was given an ultimatum: either start serving or not work there anymore. He said he was sorry and that he had no idea what happenbed until that moment, which I believe. Here's where it gets good. I told him that the owner told me that he needed someone who could give him "more of a commitment," and that I thought that "busting my ass for him for the last 2 years was plenty of commitment." I also said that the way it was done sucked and that he should tell the owner not to go about things in the same way again. I mentinoned that considering the owner saw me in person 36 hours before, he could have told me then and then I asked my replacement: "Did things really change that much in that period of time?" I closed with telling him that I deserved "much better than what I got," and to let the owner know that is what I thought.

Of course I got to talk to my friends who said that everyone was really pissed about what happened, which is very cool. It was my dream to destroy the morale of my co-workers. Now I need everyone's advice. The company Christmas party is on Sunday and all my friends want me to go. They say that I will not have to run into the owner or my replacement until after 11 PM, the party starts at 9. Should I go? I want to see my friends but I fear that I will just get upset and angry. I said that I might come, but now I'm really not sure what is the best thing to do. I was thinking that I could see everyone when I have some to "heal," because I have to admit that after going up there just now I am really upset. I wonder if the party would be any different? Go ahead and utilize that comments section. I double-dog-dare-you.

In other much cooler news, the city of Richmond gave all the teachers a trophy today, as a little thank you Christmas gift. It is cool it has 3 gold stars, and a marble base that says "R.P.S. Super Stars 2003." They also gave me a tin of shortbread cookies, wqith a thankyou note for all of my hard-work. They gave these things to every teacher in the school but it still made me feel good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home