10.08.2002

"It hasn't been my day for a couple years...what's a couple more"
---Jawbreaker

Man, is this ever going to end. The hospital forgot to bill my insurance company for $924 worth of services related to my surgery, and I had to fight with the hospital to get them to understand that I do not automatically owe them this amount (they sent me a bill for it). They finally agreed to submit the claim to my insurance company, so this can finally get straightened out.

I am having another allergic reaction. Do you MWC folks remember that everytime you were sick and went to the health center that they would give you amoxicyllin, trinalin, and tell you to gargle with warm salt water? Well I've taken amoxixyllin a bunch of times, but for whatever reason, I was having some problems during the entire 10 day cycle I just completed for my sinus infection. Needless to say even though I spent the entire 10 days sick to my stomach, the infection didn't clear up. I had to go back to the doctor and they gave me Biaxin, which is essentially really strong amoxicyllin. I started taking this on Sunday and had to go back to the doctor today. I spent all day yesterday and the early part of today feeling very ill. I was nauseated, vomitting and had the worst feeling in my stomach. It felt like a much worse version of the discomfort associated with drinking coffee on an empty stomach. It felt like my stomach was completely empty, as if I hadn't eaten in days, all the time. Terrible.

Anyway I went to the doctor and I start taking a new antibiotic tomorrow. Here's the problem, I had to call in sick to work for tonight. I have a doctor's note but my boss is still kind of pissed. I have missed a bunch of work recently and had to leave early on a number of other occassions to either go to the doctor, or beacuse I was feeling like shit. All of this can be proven through medical records and doctor's notes. My boss today stated talking about basically finding a 'temporary' replacement, if my illness is going to go on much longer. I undestand, but at the same time I am scared because when I was hired, the girl who used to have my job wasn't even told that she was going to lose most of her shifts-she was just replaced. They basically had me take over her job one day, and she was gone. Now, I recognize that I am much more valuable to the restaurant than she was, but I am still running scared. Since my education classes are going to be at night next semester, I have to look for a day job early next year anyway but I just don't want to be unemployed again. The restaurant works in very strange ways and sometimes what happens isn't necessarily right of fair. I don't really care about the job itself all that much, but I really like my co-wrokers and the money. For purely financial reasons, I don't want to leave this job until after the holidays either. I am really upset because I do my job in such a way that I have completely re-defined the position and how one should perform the job. I have worked very hard for them for almost a year and while I understand that they need someone to do my job if I'm not there, I really don't like the thought of perspectively being replaced because of illness. Isn't that illegal anyway? I hate to scream lawsuit, but I am being completely sincere when I say that if I do end up losing my job I am going to file a complaint and hire an attorney. Of course I don't know how I am going to do that if I don't have a job and I have no money to pay the attorney.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home