9.30.2002

Man, the medical bills are rolling in. I got the bill from my first trip to the emergency room (9/4); I am responsible for $43.00. Not bad at all. I still have yet to receive any notification of how much the surgery itself will cost, but I received notification from the hospital regarding the total cost of my 9/11 trip to the emergency room. The amount they are submitting to the insurance company for service on that day (this is the trip for the allergic reaction) is: $3,484.12. After I meet my deductible ($300) I think I am responsible for 20% of all services. This is a pretty good deal but the surgery is also probably going to cost at least $3000 so that puts my responsibility for everything at probably around $1400. Boy does that suck. Fortunately I saved a bunch of money and will be able to pay it, but I really was hoping to spend the money I saved on something other than hospital bills. The good news is that the insurance company negotiates with the hospital. Here's an example: the total bill for my trip to the emergency room on 9/4 was $120. The insurance company negotiated with the hospital, the total charge afterwords was $68. I am hoping that they can really negotiate the cost of the emergency room visit on 9/11 and the surgery. Being sick sure is expensive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home