4.28.2002

Sorry that I haven't been posting too much lately. Things in these parts have been kind of busy and generally just fucked up. I finally got around to taking that open book final exam that I mentioned last week. It was only 25 questions instead of 50. My teacher is damn lazy. The test was ckock-full of confusing wording on the questions and typos. I ended up getting an 88 on the test. It took me 19 minutes. I got 3 questions wrong. One was because the question's wording was impossible to understand and the other 2 I got wrong for the very same reasons. I know this sounds like I am placing the blame on someone else, but it's really true. I don't care. I shouls get an A in the class regardless. I also finished up my final design project yesterday. The assignment was to do a self portrait collage without using any pictures of yourself. Mine is filled with horror movie imagery. I even worked a pentagram into the picture. Apparently I am a Satan-worshipping zombie, wno enjoys being vegan, being born on Halloween, and listening to punk and metal.

For those of you who keep track of my Father's ever-worsening health, it has taken yet another turn for the worse. He has now been diagnosed with Dementia. In essence his brain is dying. It looks like he will more than likely be quite possibly slipping into Alzheimer's disease at some point. Kind of sucks when you realize that your Dad is going to slip away right before your eyes. His Diabetes is also out of control and if his blood sugar is not controlled soon, he will more than likely have another heart attck or stroke. Worse yet, he could go blind or lose a limb. Things are not looking good, to say the least.

My Grandmother also has a leaking heart, a condition which has recently grown much worse, and it appears as though she does not have too much longer left on this fine planet. I should be more upset about this but unfortunately I'm not. I am much more concerned with my Father's health and all the future joy that is sure to bring. I hate to say it but she's my Dad's Mother and he spends way too much time worrying about her, and not enough worrying about himself. She basically lost her will to live when her husband died in 1976, and I think that her time might finally be approaching. It kind of sucks to say, but if the stress of dealing with her ends (she is very, very hard to deal with), my Dad's condition might improve. That is all I want. It sucks when you have to proioritize how you view people's lives.

Hope everything is good on your respective ends of things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home