9.24.2001

You know how I know that fall is about to arrive? Is it the changing of the leaves? Is it the cooler temperatures? The quieter streets now that the children are back in school? Well all those are valid contributing observations related to Fall's arrival, however I know it is fall because I have been listening to Morrissey and The Smiths. When the weather is warm in Spring and Summer, I have virtually no use for my favorite effeminate / hypochondriac / lovesick / chronic depressive. As soon as Fall begins, I can't get enough. I want to hear that poor-washed up-careerless bastard whining constantly. It is cloudy and depressing here in Richmond. I woke up, had a bagel and some coffee, then I went straight for "The Queen is Dead" followed by "Vauxhall and I". Oh how I love that poor depressed Mancudlian (A Mancudlian is an individual hailing from Manchester, England.). Thank you Morrissey for being my own personal fall theme music.

In other news I have discovered my favorite part of unemployment: I don't really have to wear clothes. I can sit around in my underwear or completely naked if I choose to do so. No one is here. No one cares, least of all me. I am only wearing boxers right now. Clothes are a necessity in the working world but for the unemployed, clothes don't mean shit.

Oh yeah, Hey Mercedes has started their top 100 cover song countdown. Check it out. They have recorded, or will record 100 cover songs between now and the end of the year. Yesterday's was great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home