8.22.2004

Tomorrow is the first official day of school, that means that I will actually have students. This is quite different from the last two weeks which I have spent almost exclusively attending meetings. I f*cking hate meetings! The best part is that since I am involved with a 2 departments, I have been attending meetings for both, all of the required meetings, and all of the meetings exclusively for teachers new to the district. I am not exaggerating when I say that most of these meetings were back to back. I basically told my assistant principal that I thought the number of meetings I was forced to attend was ridiculous, and quite different from what is done in other districts. The highlight was definitely the 5 hour open-house this past Thursday. At least it lasted from 2-7 PM.

I have a faculty meeting tomorrow afternoon. I wish I was kidding. After work we are going to buy a new printer since this one died. I will update sometime this week, when I have a free minute, and let everyone know how the kids are to deal with. I figure they cannot be any worse than Richmond City, of course the administration is so terrible out there it more than makes up for it. I have to arrive at 7:30 AM tomorrow to "welcome the kids." My principal is retarded. She's white, but I have been told that during African History Month she wears traditional African garb (a dashiki). Very inappropriate, but I still can't wait to watch her embarrass herself.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home