7.29.2004

I just stopped at Plan 9 on a whim and found 3 out-of-print Elliott Smith 7" singles. I am so happy about it, I could burst. Two of them cost $6 and one was $5- good prices. A couple of the employees were actually jelous that I found them before they did. All of them very hard to find. They are:

Elliott Smith "Ballad of a Big Nothing" b/w "Some Song" & "Division Day" on the Domino label
Elliott Smith "Baby Britain" b/w "Walyz #1 (demo) on Dreamworks
Elliott Smith "Division Day" b/w "No Name #6 on Suicide Squeeze (not the re-issue)

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was very cool. Lots of great stuff, actually too much to take it all in. I am not going to list all of the cool stuff, but my favorite piece was the bass that Paul Simmonon of the Clash is smashing on the cover of "London Calling." They also had tons of awesome guitars, stage outfits, and two very cool cars - Janis Joplin's psychadelic porshe and the car from the ZZ-Top videos. If you are ever in Cleveland you should definitely check it out, especially if you are a music-geek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home