2.25.2002

The weekend is over and it is the work-week again. Of course I work on Sundays and have multiple days off during the typical 'work week' so what I am saying is that Mondays really don't mean anything to me. I sympathize with the rest of you, but I am at this point unaffected by the monday morning blues. In fact Monday is actually one of my days off and on this particular monday the temperature will reach a high of 70 degrees here in Richmond. Unfortunately I have to study for tomorrow's mid-term today. I have been avoiding it like the plague. Probably because I do not truly care all that much. The test is multiple choice. I figure that since she already 'reviewed' for the test (i.e. told us what questions she is going to ask), so I will just focus on that info. I have already re-read all the chapters for my own benefit so I think I will be OK. If I get stumped I will simply cheat off one of the morons who sit next to me and know less than me. I won't get the correct answers but at least I will have someone else to blame it on. Sort of.

My copy of 'Coming To America' on DVD finally arrived. 'Put your hands together one more time for Sexual Chocolate.' Damn that movie is funny. I also picked up the book "Our Band Could Be Your Life". I could not help myself, and skipped ahead and read the section on Big Black. Here is what I learned: Steve Albini used to go to Northwestern University. Before Big Black was even truly a band, he was dating a girl who went to Northwestern and ended up being featured in Playboy's 1985 college girls issue. How did this happen? He is known to be an asshole, at that point he wasn't successful, he is certainly funny looking, and in closing really wouldn't seem to have too much to offer a playmate. The book continuosly amazes me with it's useless trivia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home