2.19.2002

Everytime I have tried to post for the last 3 days something has happened and I have lost the post. I wrote a really long post this morning and then my computer in class crashed and shut itself down for no reason whatsoever. They have Gateway computers at school so I guess that explains part of it. I can't stand all the cow print in their stores---so I automatically feel that they suck based upon that alone.

We went up to Fredericksburg yesterday in an effort to locate some cheap DVDs. I found The Shining at a pawn shop in like new condition for $12, and I also got a new t-shirt at the Goodwill as well as three VHS movies for $1 each they were Creepshow 2, Altered States, and The Jerk. I don't care too much for VHS but for $1 each you can't go wrong. Creepshow 2 was one of my favorites as a kid. I do have one comment to make about The Shining DVD, turns out that a home video/DVD version of the film does not exist in Widescreen format. Kubrick refused to allow the film to be released with a Widescreen transfer. He apparently was perfectly satisfied with the standard transfer and felt no need for Widescreen. This probably lies in the fact that the film itself was not shot in Widescreen but rather 1:66 1 so you really wouldn't gain much from the Widesscreen transfer since you are only losing a very small amount of the picture with the 1:33 1 standard format. Here is a little more useless information for you; Kubrick called Stephen King in the middle of the night during filming for The Shining and asked him: 'Do you believe in God?'. Stephen King replied 'Yes.' and Kubrick responded with 'I thought so.' and then hung up the phone.

Hope all is well out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home