2.20.2002

Our landlords have finally decided to fix everything that was wrong with the building. I am very glad that they are doing this but it is still a major pain in the ass. Last week they replaced the hot water heater. Of course they didn't bother to tell us that we wouldn't have hot water for a day--Why? you ask, because they had the wrong phone number for us--they were given the correct one 10 months ago but I guess it must be harder to keep track of things than I thought. Our kitchen light fixure also burned out so they came to fix that, but only after they called and said they didn't have a key to our apartment. I had given them one 5 months ago because the old landlord never gave them the key he had. I called up and went nuts on them. They of course had the key in their posession, it just wasn't labeled properly. When the guy came to fix the light I labeled it for them since they can't seem to do such things correctly themselves. On Monday they came and replaced the thermostat and managed to get plaster dust all over one of our tables, and not clean it up. Now they are fixing the front entryway and replacing the entire back fire escape simultaneously. The noise is unbelievable. There are workmen out front and out back all I here are powertools. They even nailed a 2 x 4 over our back door so we can't get out that way--understandable but pretty ugly nonetheless. Like I have said I am glad that they are doing all of this but it is still a pain. It is amazing how bad most landlords truly are to deal with.

I have to study too. I really don't see that happening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home