12.05.2001

I just called that guy. Two things:

1. The job description he gave was "contacting past due clients and encouraging them to pay". Last I knew this was considered COLLECTIONS not Accounts Receivable.

2. The ad in the paper advertised "an excellent hourly wage". When I spoke to him this turned out to be $9.00/hour. When I used to sell shoes I made $8.50 and had no responsibility and no one bothered me.

I just told him that I would be unable to cover my expenses on that salary and wished him well in his search. Your average collections job pays considerably more than that too. They are going to need to pay folks more money if they expect to fill that position. Once again the fact that I am jaded enabled me to keep my hopes incredibly low, fortunately they were able to stoop to my level of expectation. Thank you Sir.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home