12.23.2001

I had Friday off, but I had to work yesterday afternoon (it was actually just a meeting) and I have to work again tonight. Originally my boss told me on 3 different occasions that I would not be working tonight but then yesterday, Pam (the trashy host) looks at me and says: "So you're training with me tomorrow right?" and I said "Not as far as I know" at which point she stated that our boss told her that I was supposed to work tonight. I walked up to him and asked and he said "Yes." like I was a fucking idiot for asking in the first place. I love disorganization. Tonight we close early so it shouldn't be too bad, plus I am off tomorrow and Tuesday plus I am going out of town from 12/27-12/31 so I can't bitch too much. I am just pissed when someone tells me "No, you won't have to work" and then all of a sudden I am working.

Yesterday I picked up the new Karma To Burn CD. It is excellent. Not much else going on down here. We spent most of the morning cleaning up around the house and now Kim is making us some lunch. Yummy.

One last thing: I finally picked up Punk Planet's Art and Design Issue. There is some amazing stuff in there however the major complaint I have with Punk Planet is that they need an editor really bad. I picked up an old issue of the magazine a few days ago and I noticed how bad it truly is in terms of spelling and improper word usage. In the Art and Design Issue at one point the word Chicago (their hometown and base of operations) is missing a 'G'. I find that to be a bit ridiculous. Even Spell Check would have caught that one. Come on guys. Every magazine has typos but their's has way more than average. Their goal has always been to be taken seriously, something which I have a hard time doing with mistakes like that. The content is top notch but as far as I am concerned the editing (or lack thereof) lowers the magazine to the level of your average high school punk zine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home