12.20.2001

Work was cool again last night. What I have learned is that I would much rather work in a restaurant frequented by rich people than a restaurant frequented by well, trash. So far I have even managed to get 2 tips just for helping people with their coats. I am the best. Well other than work everything else is cool too. I am finished with my Christmas shopping, everyone is getting a gift certificate to the restaurant I work at. Not really, but I am finished though.

Last night I rented Hard Eight (Paul Thomas Anderson's first movie) and let me say that it was excellent. You can watch it and totally see the beginning of the P.T. Anderson style. Most of the standard actors are included except in this case generally in smaller roles. Phillip Seymour Hoffman has a small but amazing part as a redneck gambler with a mullet. If there's a mullet involved you know it rocks. He is also weaing one of those black t-shirts with the lightning bolts and a wolf standing on a hill looking into the distance, with a flannel over it. For anyone who is looking to re-do their image, this is definitely the way to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home