11.11.2001

So I start my new job tommorrow. I am pretty darn nervous--I know that I shouldn't be but I am. I will probably barely sleep and will spend the early part of the moring getting sick to my stomach. Sounds like fun, heh? Anyway my new office is on the south side of Richmond right near the Clover Leaf Mall for those of you who know Richmond, and to get to it (and home) I have to pay a toll $.50 each way. No big deal. Well we've got one of those Smart Tag things on the toll roads now which I intend to take advantage of. Last month we sent out some Spies to the North. The individuals sent had the amazing ability to look and sound like those damn Yankees up there. When they got back they brought many useful inventions. We like to think of this mission as being similar to that of Columbus visiting China, unfortunately nothing as exciting as modern-day "Pasta" was brought back. One of the things that these brave individuals did bring back was the Smart Tag system. For a while signs were just being given out that said "I Already Paid", which were then taped to the driver's side window. After a few years, some people figured out how to replicate the signs without actually paying for the tolls in advance, and then the city fathers knew something had to be done---thus the "Mission". Now we've got the actual Smart Tag system and I've got to go sign up.

My new company is really strict about Internet access at work so regretfully my posts will only be coming in the evenings until I figure out how to do it from work on the sly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home