11.08.2001

Sorry that there have not been too many posts recently. I have been really busy the last few days. I sent out a bunch of resumes on Monday and got a call on Tuesday while I was in Williamsburg. I called the woman back yesterday and had a phone interview. She asked me to come in for an interview this morning and then she called and offered me the job at 1:30 PM. I am now officially employed again. I am working for a company called Brain Train who develops software to assist children with ADD and other learning problems. The software has also been proven effective in aiding adults with serious brain injuries. I will be working there primarily as the Business manager---bookkeeping etc.... Nice rate of pay too. I am very excited. Ginger, my boss currently does their website and is looking to get out of that---and I think I will be the one moving in to that task. Yesterday I designed an entirely un-offensive "Paint A Vulgar Picture" and set it up over at my Angelfire site. I showed that to her today and she seemed suitably impressed. It was pretty basic but I think it gave me a big edge. When I got there I also discovered that my friend's wife worked there---she promised she would put in a good word for me and I guess she did. Some other highlights of the job are that the hours for the position are normal business hours, the dress is actually closer to casual than business casual and Ginger my boss brings her dog Josh to work with her. I knew I fit in today because this was the only job interview I have ever had where my prospective boss' dog was asleep on the couch next to me throughout the interview. I am in a good mood again. I want to buy stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had to be careful with money for so long that now I want to fill my role as an American and consume.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home