10.15.2001

Keys, Kind of Like Spitting and Dynasty

Last week we get this letter from the landlords stating that they need a key to our apartment. Now we changed ownership about 2 months ago and my first thought was why have the original landlords not given the new landlords the key? So I got right on my high horse this morning (still acting pleasant though) and I called up the new landlords and got treated like crap. I explain who I am and why I am calling and the first girl waits 5 seconds and then says in her bitchiest voice: "Well we need you to give us a key." I then asked her what happened to the key that the old landlord had. She went and got someone who "might know" while I was on hold. The second woman said that they needed a key and that the first landlord has not gotten around to providing his set of keys. While this makes me a bit nervous, we both had a good laugh at the first landlord's inability to do anything effectively. I then asked the woman which door she would like a key to. She said the apartment. I said: "Well would you like the key to the front door or the back door?" She said she did not know and needed a key to the apartment to complete some repairs. I said OK how about the back door. She asked if it was readily accessible. I said yes it was. I then asked for directions to their office as the information on the letter has a street address listed that I have never heard of. She then acts like I am an idiot and tells me they are located on Franklin St. which is very close to our apartment. The whole time it seemed as though I was being treated like a moron for wanting to have my questions answered. Fuck them. In addition why I am I spending money to have a key made when it is actually their responsibility? I know it is only a dollar but there is a lot of principal involved here. I don't mean Victoria Principal either. Though an episode of Dynasty would be nice right about now.

In good news, I just sent out 11 resumes. The mail came and my new Kind Of Like Spitting disc was in there. It is really damn good. I will write more about it after a couple of more listens. Well time to go eat some breakfast and have a key made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home