4.05.2004

The problem with having the hobby of searching for vinyl records in thrift stores and dollar bins, is that you often end up with a large back-log of records that you haven't listened to. I currently have a very large stack of records that I have purchased for $1 and not llistened to. This happened mainly bacause collections are generally given away or sold at the same time, thus all the good stuff is there at once. For the price you can't go wrong, but having the time to listen to them is often difficult. I am on spring break (from teaching) this week and I am pledging to myself that I will get through most of these records. Many of them have been laying around for months, and deserve to be listened to. Today I have listened to:

Randy Newman "12 Songs"
Eric Clapton "461 Ocean Boulevard"
Def Leppard "Pyromania"
Waylon Jennings "Music Man"
Derek and the Dominoes "Layla..."
Peter Gabriel "S/T" Note: This is the second (1978) of the three self titled records he released.

I am planning on listening to at least one other record before the day is through. That means I only have about 60 more to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home