3.19.2004

This school is one of the most ridiculous places on the planet. I gave a student a pass to use the restroom, and got bitched out by the security guard because she was in the hall during a "clean sweep," this is when they clear the hallways of all students without a pass. What is the problem? She had a pass. What the hell is going on around here?

Directly afterward, I said to my students: "by the way next friday will be my last day, and I have no idea who your new teacher will be." One of the kids asked if I was leaving because they made me mad. It was really hard to lie and say that wasn't the reason. I have done so much for this school: taught incorrigibles, broken-up fights, discovered who started a fire, relayed messages about upcoming fights that I heard students talking about etc... The reason that no one wants to work in inner-city schools is not solely because of the students, though that is a factor, but rather the administrations flat-out suck.

In other news, I am thinking of going to see the new Dawn of the Dead after work today. I am torn between wanting to see it today, and wanting to wait a while. The NY Times said that is sucked, but that's no surprise. I want to go see something to cheer me up but maybe I will

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home