3.03.2004

I am scared about leaving the comforts of the city schools-that's sarcasm, but excited by the prospect of not having my skin color constantly brought to my attention. Prejudice in any form is wrong, and it really sucks to be on the receiving end. I guess I was naive, when I din't realize how much some african-americans dislike white-men. It seems that with some folks, no matter how cool you are you will always be nothing more than white.

The thing that really bothers me about this is the fact that in the media you only hear about prejudice against minorities. I know very few prejudiced white people, and have encountered a lot of prejudiced African-Americans. Prejudice is not any different when it is directed against white people, and I really wish that someone in the media was speaking out and letting everyone know that prejudice goes both ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home