3.10.2004

Last night I had my advising appointment, where I found out that I only have 2 classes left for my teaching certification. Both are offered this summer so I signed up for both and by August, I will be done with the classes I need for my certification. That means all I have left to do is take the Praxis II and find a district to hire me without doing my student teaching. I refuse to pay to do student teaching and I am confident that the experience I have is enough to get me hired with a provisional licensce. As soon as that happens I will not have to worry about the student teaching. I also found out that my experience over the last 1 1/2 years will probably be enough for the college to waive my practicum requirements. This does not mean I have my Masters, just that I have taken the necessary classes to become certified. I am probably going to take some time off, before completing the 5 classes for my Master's, considering one is basically a thesis.

In other news, I did purchase the Dawn of the Dead DVD yesterday. It was $11.99 at Best Buy and the transfer does look incredible. Those of you who are saying to stay away since it is not the *real* Dawn of the Dead, let me tell you the quality of the transfer alone makes it worth the little amount of money that it will set you back.

I received my transcripts yesterday so the substiutute application will be going out late this week or early next week. I am in the process of getting my references straight for another opportunity-my professor from last night agreed and I just left a message for the last of the 5 references. Hopefully that will be out by early next week as well. I still think that 5 references is excessive, but oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home