9.07.2001

Just got back from the West End. Christ that place is crazy. I went to Soundhole, a very cool Punk/Hardcore/Metal record store. The owner is this dude Greg who is really into Jazz, and as a result sells some of it. I got Stevie Wonder's "Songs in the Key of Life", the remastered 2000 edition for $12 used. I was also going to buy Dexter Gordon's "A Swingin' Affair" but Greg decided that it was too scratched up to sell (it was his old fucked up copy) and gave it to me. I think it is in descent shape, not great but definitely playable. I am very happy as a result of my purchases/freebie. Spending money always makes me feel better--I got it from my Mom. At least we both (My Mom and I) like to spend small amounts of money as oppossed to going to Bloomingdales.

I am reminded of a story: I used to play Stevie Wonder when I worked at Sam Goody in Fredericksburg. I used to go through periods where all I would play in the store were R&B and Jazz artists. A woman once called my District Manager (a troll-like woman named Nita who had the biggest most disgusting breats ever--they stopped at her waiste-line) stating that all we ever played was "Rock". When the woman complained about the music in the store, I was listening to Snapcase at the time, I told her that we did play other things and she got really pissed and asked for my Nita's phone number. It turned out that this woman was forever pissed at our store because she once tried to pick up my manager, Chrissy at Spirits (A Fredericksburg Bar) and was rather curtly dismissed. Chrissy did not like women in a sexual way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home