9.06.2001

First off, it appears that Grand Royal went belly-up. As of today they have closed their doors. I think the idea behind the label was excellent however other than At The Drive In I cannot say that I really liked any of the bands. Looks like the Beastie Boys will have to go back to being musicians. Wait a minute---that's what they should have been doing all along.

Second I got another call about a job today. I feel like I can never say anything right when I talk to these HR people. I know I am not a fucking idiot but I end up feeling like one any time I speak with these people. I feel like all my answers are not what they are looking for. I am to the point where I feel like all I am technically qualified to do is pick up dog shit. The woman asked me about my computer experience (and they still might call me---I lied a bunch and am currently being very pessimistic), first Word (which I know), Excel (which I know), Powerpoint (Iied and told her I knew) and then she asked about Access. All I could say wads that I am planning on learning it and have worked with programs written in Access (which is true). Unfortunately I can only lie so much before I start telling the truth. The position I think she was calling in reference to is not even that complex or computer related. Fuck me. Soon I think you are going to have to prove to all HR people that you can build your own computer before you can get an interview. At least they are calling me. Better than it could be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home