9.11.2001

Bob Dylan is coming to DC. I was very excited to hear this until I saw the "Convenience Charge" Ticketmaster is adding to the tickets. They are applying a charge of $8.35/ticket on top of $35/ticket. I always pick my tickets up at the Box Office and I cannot see how they are performing $16.70 worth of work to do this--they print the tickets, put them in an envelope, and put the envelop in a file-----Big Fucking Deal. You are not able to purchase the tickets from the MCI Center directly as their box office is just a Ticketmaster outlet. Kim and I have decided that we will not be attending this event. A 25% Service Charge is absolutely ridiculous. In other related Bob Dylan news, his new record came out today. I purchased the "Limited Edition" which is available everywhere and does not seem to be very "Limited". The album is really good. Along the same lines as "Time Out Of Mind". The Bonus disk includes 1 unreleased track and an alternate version of "The Times They Are A Changin'" They are both good, I must admit that I am glad that the "Limited Edition" CD only cost $2 more, because it is not really all that special. Oh Well, still a nice little collection of new songs and a couple of very old ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home