8.10.2001

What a story. I go home on my break and call my parents. My Mom says that there is a letter there from a "Katie S***" and I was like----"Really?" (with an air of fear and discomfort). In college I had been sort of trying to date this girl, when she started acting kind of weird and I ended up asking Karen out the next day. I often wondered if I made the right choice. Now I realize that it all worked out for the bast in the end, well for me anyway. Katie sent a newspaper clipping stating that 2 of the counties in VA hardest hit by flooding were Scott and Wise so she thought about me. Incidently those 2 counties are very poor and backwoods in orientation, and I whole-heartedly claim allegiance with both counties. Thems my peoples. Anyway there is of course you guessed it--------a letter with the clipping. Katie once sent a letter to me on my 21st Birthday that was all about her feelings for me etc... Karen and I had been going out for a few months at that point, and I had been ignoring the uncomfortable situation that Katie brought around when I was in her presense. I of course avoided her like a hippie avoiding a bath. I did not however douse myself in patchouli oil in an effort to combat Katie, though perhaps that would have made the situation easier on myself.

I needless to say was not completely surprised by the letter. Anyway in the letter it was just a big update on her life and the definite underlying feeling that she is hoping I will:

a. respond
b. be single and interested again.

I am not going to do a. and am not b. even a little. I feel bad that I will hurt her by not responding but at this point she must know that I am not interested. She even gave her phone number and her email address. I am now officially a lady-killer. Lock up your daughters, put bars on the windows but watch them carefully because they may attempt to chew through the bars if I should happen to walk by.

Until the next episode of "Prince Jackass"....Au revoir.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home