8.09.2001

I just got back from the dentist. I was gone for over 2 hours. What a fucking experience. First I was almost in a fight in the parking lot. I was fucking scared. As I was pulling into the dentist's parking lot a very large truck was blocking the entrance. This truck would be clearly visabl over my 2 door Honda Civic Hatchback, but this did not stop the guy behind me who had pulled partway into the lot and was still in the street a little as a result of my having to stop,from beeping his horn. I immediately flicked him off. I then proceeded to try and get out of his way. I saw him cursing at me in the rearview mirror and he looked really fucking pissed. He actually cornered me in this other parking lot where I had pulled in an attempt to get out of his way. He pulls up on my left side and I roll down and the window and his girlfriend is speaking to me. I lower the radio and he says "I'm really sorry." Her boyfriend his glaring at me like he is going to fucking rip my head off. I look at them and say "I was trying to get out your fucking way but there was that really big fucking truck in the road. She apologizes again and I accept. I had to do a 4 point turn to get out of where he cornered me. She was obviously very upset and bitching him out I think. I can only imagine that he was probably screaming about killing me. When I saw the look of fear on her face I realized that he was indeed chasing me and trying to corner me. This was in Carrytown--a total Yuppie part of town.

Then I go to the dentist. They are making me a night-guard for the grinding. They had to take an impression of my upper teeth. I almost puked. They put a football mouthpiece shaped thing filled with putty over your teeth and you have to bite down. The putty comes up around your teeth and almost down the back of your throat. Then the assistant taking the mold got the putty stuff in my hair because she had to pull me forward so I would not choke on vomit. My own not someone else's. Then I had a very very extensive cleaning. They also made me rinse with flouride for a minute straight after the polishing.

My day has a very strange beginning. I think I will listen to the Cure now.

Great line from Uncle Tupelo's "Anodyne" which I bought the other day:

'Loeliness Drinks The Bitters'

I just thought I would point this out, because like most music-crazed individuals I want to force my opinions on those around me. This Blog is a great way to do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home