8.09.2001

I am at work. I am about to go to the dentist. I need a cleaning and a night guard made. I grind my teeth really bad. I was just listening to my bosses boss speaking. The phrases that corporate America uses continually amaze me. I would like to point out 2 of these phrases.

1. "Going Forward.... --This is generally used at meetings. This phrase is specifically utilized when the underlings (i.e. the individuals who actually contribute to the company) ask too many questions which management feels do not warrant an answer, or the answer is one which the associates are not suppossed to know. This is a beautiful phrase. I intend to use this next time Kim and I have an argument. "Why is your crap everywhere?----Well Kim, Going Forward I think that we need to look at the big picture and determine what is best for the company, oops I mean relationship."

2. "We need to make sure that we are all on the same page" ---This is used when there are so many changes going on that no one is able to keep up with all the details of the "re-structuring" (As a side note--Re-Structuring means you are probably going to get fucked). No one is ever really "on the same page". This is a nice phrase thrown out there to make things seem like you are working towards a common goal. I realize that I have nothing in common with most of these people, goal-related or otherwise. I certainly do not agree with the practices of this company and this is one of the main reasons I am leaving. Perhaps next time I hear this phrase I will let them know that I am not on the same page, nor do I want to be. They are on page 3 of The Wall Street Journal and I am on page 56 of Maximum Rock and Roll.

Until later. I bid you adieu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home