8.14.2001

It is early in the morning. I called in sick to work again today. I find it very difficult to mask my contempt for the powers that be in my office. The managers are ridiculous. They have taken a highly productive department and sucked every bit of life that it had straight out of it. Everyone who works there is now looking for another job or has already left. I also called in because the cat is sick. I think she is really dehydrated and I will watch her today and get her to drink as much water as possible. Hopefully this will work and we can avoids a large Vet bill.

We were in DC yesterday. Fugazi were excellent. A band called "The Pupils" opened up. It ended up being Daniel Higgs and Asa Osborne (I think it was Asa anyway) of Lungfish. They both played guitar and Daniel sang. I thought they were awesome. Like Lungfish without the rhythm section and prettier guitar parts. Fugazi played a whole lot of new stuff. The new stuff is great but much of it lacks the energy of the older material. This is understandable as it is 14 years after the bands first show. That is a very long time, and I am sure that if I were them I would not want to play the less complex-heavier songs. As usual, they did play some great older stuff. The highlights for me were "Rend It", "Smallpox Champion", and "Waiting Room". This was the 8th time I have seen Fugazi and the first time I have ever seen them play "Waiting Room". I was very excited. It is also one of the only Fugazi songs that Kim really likes so she was happy as well. Good time in DC other than the show. I bought some used videos at the record store where I used to work. $2 each---Jurassic Park & Jurassic Park The Lost World, and Apollo 13.

I am going to go back to bed now. I really do feel like complete crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home