8.21.2001

Here I am again. I am printing out the employement application that I will need to fill out and bring with me to my interview next Tuesday. How exciting. Not really. It is taking forever to print out because my printer sucks. The question I have to ask is why do all these companies do Drug Testing. The only people they succeed in eliminating are potheads and full fledged junkies. Heroin stays in your system for 24 hours, Cocaine for 72, LSD doesn't really show up in your urine, and marijuana (suppossedly) stays in your system for a month. Thus I think that you can see my point that testing only catches habitual users and people who smoke marijuana. The question I pose is this----would you rather a pothead work for you or an alcoholic. At least with a pothead they are mellow. Alcoholics (companies do not test for alcohol) are prone to incredible mood swings etc... Potheads while rather stupid in many cases, are at least mellower. Oh well. This whole tirade was brought about by the Drug Testing Consent portion of the application. I am cool but I still feel as though my privacy is being violated. If you tested positive for marijuana because you smoked it with your old college roomate 3 1/2 weeks ago, does that mean that you cannot do a good job? Kind of a bunch of Bullshit. Oh well. The price one must pay for a "decent" job. Of course drugs are illegal and I do understand that point. Time to go watch "Kingpin". Love that Bill Murray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home