1.19.2004

How to divide and conquer.

Kim wanted to go this store today which happens to be in the same shopping center as the Pepridge Farm Outlet store. That place is awesome. I picked up a bag of cookies, 2 bags of goldfish, a loaf of five cheese garlic bread, and a frozen German chocolate 3 layer cake. Combined it cost me less than $5. The garlic bread was awesome and the cake is great. Its on Forest Ave. in the West End in the same plaza as Plato's closet. The cake was $1.50--for a whole cake 8 x 8 inch.

I finished "Freaky Deaky" by Elmore Leonard which was great. Now I'm reading "The Switch" also by Leonard. It introduces the characters of Ordell and Louis who are two of the main characters in Jackie Brown & Rum Punch the book that Jackie Brown is based on.

This week is my last week teaching at the high school, next week I will be at a middle school, which will take me through the end of the year. Middle Schools are great because they force you to remember how much puberty sucks. Its incredible because even the "cool" kids are incredibly awkward and insecure. I of course exploit those insecurities to gain control of the class and crush their spirit. Sometimes I even play them against one another. Its like a big psychological experiment for me. In semi-related news, I found out last week that I made this kid cry earlier in the year. He transferred out of my class and didn't tell me--he's supposed to, so I tracked him down and asked him where he had been and made him prove to me that he was no longer in my class. I was firm but not mean at all. His current Math teacher told me that he was crying afterward. The kid is 14 and nothing that happened should have made him cry. Incidently that is the same student who complained to the administration about me-saying that I offended him. He likes to put his own spin on things, i.e. he's a liar.

I updated the Live Journal with a more serious post. You should check that out too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great delivery. Sound arguments. Keep up the amazing work.



Check out my website - hca supplement

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home