10.07.2001

So we are at war. Funny this whole situation smacks of a certain President's Daddy's war from the early 1990's. When the events of September 11th went down I am sure that George W. rubbed his little hands together, and wet himself as he realized the opportunity ahead of him. He knew that he would be able to turn these events into a way to gain massive support. I am not denying that the current "war" needed to be waged and is justified (if we are waging it in the correct place), I am just saying that most politicians enjoy incidents such as these. What better way to raise your popularity than through an act of justice/revenge? It worked for his Daddy too. Coincidence? Of course after the Gulf War Georgie Sr's popularity dropped through the floor. Sometimes these things backfire. Cross your fingers Georgie and you better hope bin Laden is still in Afghanistan, because if he isn't you are in big trouble.

One last thing; can I please see some concrete evidence of bin Laden's guilt? I will whole-heartedly support our "retaliation" once I see undeniable evidence of bin Laden's guilt. From what I have heard, it certainly seems that he is indeed responsible but I have yet to hear of any undeniable evidence. Though at the same time he is no longer denying responsibility, which if he was innocent he would certainly be proclaiming as much while under attack. All I want is any seeds of doubt to be removed.

Good Night. Sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home